Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 1996 22:42:40 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.0b2 [Solution & Summary]

> On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:
>
> > I have *NO* idea why it runs ``netstat -i'' - I doubt it can parse the
> > output somehow!
>
> This is a good question.  You should ask the Netscape programmers :-)
>
> > That (apart from /bin/sh initially running
> > /usr/local/lib/netscape/netscape.bin) is the ONLY fork in the entire
> > ktrace output...

Strangely enough, ktrace has not worked for me in -current for the last
couple of weeks.  I dumped a netscape running against http://java.sun.com
(as per the example you posted) and the results, after letting the coffee
cup animation run a little while, were:

jkh@time-> ls -l ktrace.out
-rw-rw-r--  1 jkh  jkh  16996442 Apr  2 22:37 ktrace.out
jkh@time-> kdump
kdump: bogus length 0xf000ef6f

I get the aformentioned message with every ktrace.out file I attempt
to dump.. :-(

> The Java console is implemented in Java..  It'll work once Java applets
> start working for you.

I just see a blank window that I can click on but not much else (well,
I can also clear or close it) - what's this for? :-)

					Jordan