Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 13:45:18 +0200
From:      Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
To:        FreeBSD ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Dirk Meyer <dinoex@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   HEADS UP: OpenLDAP 2.2 library soname change

Affected: users of net/openldap22-*

Please read UPDATING if you have any OpenLDAP 2.2 libraries installed.

You can check this with

  pkg_info -I 'openldap-*-2.2.*'

Note that the ports tree default is still OpenLDAP 2.1, which is not affected.

I followed the OpenLDAP soname change:
  <http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200403/msg00101.html>;

While I'm not totally happy with their choice, I believe it is better
to be in sync with the upstream library naming scheme.

Ports using USE_OPENLDAP shouldn't notice the soname change, except that they
need to be recompiled to use the new library.

This change breaks OpenLDAP 2.2 support in:
  dns/bind9-dlz

-Oliver