Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:54:50 -0500
From:      Peter Woods <pjwoods@nemasys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advice Needed - Unix System Admin

> So, FreeBSD is a good choice for the BSD4.4 type, a point I have sometimes
> made to computer science students.  But what's a good SVR4 choice--any
> free ones?  Any versions of Linux that qualify?

You might want to look into SCO. They are offering free OpenServer and
UnixWare for educational/noncommerical uses.  You can download it from
their site (http://www.sco.com/offers/) or purchase the CDROM for
$19US.
Although I think the version is SVR5, but I'm not sure.

--
Peter J. Woods
mailto:pjwoods@nemasys.net