Date:      Sat, 10 May 2003 09:40:47 +0700 (ICT)
From:      "Chatchawan Wongsiriprasert" <cws@miraclenet.co.th>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mmake / maake (Toshiba Satelite 6000 X11 keyboard weirdness)

The problem may come from XFree86.
I got the solution from Samuel Tardieu web page at
http://www.rfc1149.net/freebsd-portege-4010.html.en

-------------------------
However, XFree86 4.2.0 is not usable as is: it sets the keyboard in raw
mode but is unable to interpret multiple key release events. It results
into multiple key presses, such as in thisss exaamplllle. The right fix
would be to patch XFree86 so that it handles those events correctly (as
does the console FreeBSD driver, as well as the Linux one). However, in
the meantime, you should install the x11/accessx port and use the
following command in your ~/.xinitrc:

ax +bouncekeys bouncedelay 20 -timeout

His solution work fine for me on my Satellite Pro 6100, see it at
http://freebie.miraclenet.co.th/notebook/satellitepro-6100/