Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 09:41:56 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 20:45:59 -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith
<stephen@missouri.edu> wrote:

> More recently I have had to start using Linux because FreeBSD doesn't
> have very good laptop support.  (All I ask for is a way to configure the
> mouse pad so that I can switch off "tap to click.")

See, this isn't very obvious to most people. It took me forever to figure
it out.

On every other OS you use the Xorg synaptics driver, but on FreeBSD there
is synaptics support built-in with the rest of the mouse driver.

man 4 psm:

      Tap and drag gestures can be disabled by setting hw.psm.tap_enabled
to 0
      at boot-time.  Currently, this is only supported on Synaptics
touchpads
      with Extended support disabled. The behaviour may be changed after
boot
      by setting the sysctl with the same name and by restarting moused(8)
      using /etc/rc.d/moused.