Date:      6 Oct 1995 08:02:12 -0600
From:      "Owen Newnan" <onewnan@denitqm.ecte.uswc.uswest.com>
To:        "questions about FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Packages and IDE CDROM

                       Subject:                               Time:7:44 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          Packages and IDE CDROM                 Date:10/6/95

My CDROM is IDE so I can't mount it, and I don't have access to the internet
from FreeBSD as yet.  I copy over the packages to /usr/ports/distfiles by way
of DOS, but when I try make names are not as expected, e.g., aXe-1.2.tar.Z is
axe1.2.   I rename to the expected and make then reports an invalid checksum.
I tried to tead the readme in pckages but didnt' see it there.  Any
suggestions?