Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:58:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   pkg_add -r instantworkstation

{Just kidding, I realize that's probably not the right command.}

But to address a recent followup about such a package pleasing only a tiny
minority... why not create a simple /bin/sh shell script that is highly
interactive (possibly to the point of overdoing it)?

It could begin by offering the user to set certain environment variables to
"X"? [y/n]  Then it would proceed to prompt for each pkg_add command line
to run, and if the user did not want a certain package, they'd hit 'n.'

PS: Now that got me thinking about a simple shell script to give newbies an
interactive taste of how to cvsup (cvs?), and tour of features! :)

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder