Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2023 06:09:52 -0800
From:      Jim Pazarena <fquest@paz.bz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fresh install v14 release - git problem

On 2023-11-24 4:57 AM, LuMiWa wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 14:22:27 -0800
> Jim Pazarena <fquest@paz.bz> wrote:
>
>> using git is new to me.
>> I have always used portsnap with fetch/extract/update
>>
>> in a fresh v14 install, I have run:
>> /usr/sbin/pkg install git
>> git clone https://git.FreeBSD.org/ports.git /usr/ports
>> git -C /usr/ports pull
>>
>> all seemed fine.
>> Then I installed a few ports, a reboot, and the next
>>
>> git -C /usr/ports pull
>>
>> received this CLI response:
>>
>> unable to access 'https://git.FreeBSD.org/ports.git/': SSL
>> certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
>>
>> not sure how to proceed ?
>> Assistance/advice would be appreciated.
>>

> Portsnap is in ports now.

I figured that I would go with the flow, and learn to use the git
mechanism. Took a bit of googling and reading to pin down the specific
CLI command that I needed for the minimal effort of the port installs.

The issue which I reported above cleared itself a few hours later. So
git updates seem to be working once again.

Yours was the only response to my question. Thank you for that.

--
Jim Pazarena         fquest@paz.bz
Haida Gwaii - British Columbia - Canada