Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:00:06 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone having problems with phoenix on 5.0?

Hi,

I've tried several revisions of the 0.4 port. and the new 0.5 one, with
and without Xft enabled (I thought it was an Xft issue). So I've built
0.5_3 right now, but it fails misserably just after launching it. I've
removed my old ~/.phoenix, yes. And I'm aware of the fonts issue too.

This is what I'm getting:

flynn@christine# rm -rf .phoenix/
flynn@christine# phoenix

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkwindow.c: line 1440 (gdk_window_get_colormap):
assertion `window_private->window_type != GDK_WINDOW_PIXMAP' failed.

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkcolor.c: line 498 (gdk_color_white): assertion
`colormap != NULL' failed.

Anyone else getting this kind of error? My setup is a bit special since
my X server is not running on christine, but on a SGI Indy, I log in
using XDM, but I remember using old phoenix releases when I was running
4-STABLE and NetBSD, so I'm not entirely sure what the reason is (i.e.
-CURRENT's fault or phoenix' fault)

Any ideas welcomed.

Cheers,
--