Date:      16 Aug 2002 10:30:31 +1000
From:      Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Grehan <peterg@ptree32.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yet more updated kernels

--=-Dlw/6Ldifu5ETanHkUsY

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 22:58, Peter Grehan wrote:

[snip]

>  The problem was that not all RAM was being direct-mapped through BATs,
> and the NetBSD pmap code relies on that.

Actually NetBSD has (or at least used to) use their ability to have
separate page free lists to only ever allocate pvo entries from them low
256MB of RAM.  At least that's how I read it.  This meant that only
direct-mapping the low 256MB worked fine as that's where all the pvo
entries were.

Thanks for coming up with a solution for this. =3D)

--=20
Benno Rice
benno@FreeBSD.org

--=-Dlw/6Ldifu5ETanHkUsY