Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2006 00:14:56 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Yuriy Tsibizov <Yuriy.Tsibizov@gfk.ru>
To:        Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
Cc:        Yuriy Tsibizov <Yuriy.Tsibizov@gfk.ru>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Asus A8V hangs during pci probe on fresh -CURRENT

>> It seems that VPD changes by jmg@ on Oct, 9th hangs in infinite loop
>> with some PCIe (?) cards.
>>
>> 1. Can you check, what device is attached to this bus (with kernel before
>> this changes, pci.c rev 1.314 or earlier)? Is it 'Realtek 8168/8111B PCIe
>> Gigabit Ethernet'?
> 1. Here's the list of things on pci0:
> [nicblais@clk01a] /usr/src/sys/dev/pci> dmesg -a | grep pci0
[...]
Ok, if you boot verbose, does FreeBSD start enumeration of PCI
devices on PCI bus? You can also try to disable / remove device that
should be detected next to last device printed in verbose boot (sorry for
my English, I hope you will understand me) - for example, if it prints PCI
info for first PCI device and hangs, disable second one from your list.

>> 2. Do you have pci.c rev 1.315 or 1.316? I had serious problems (broken
>> PCI ID) possible caused by patch similar to one in pci.c rev. 1.316.
>>

> 2. src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c,v 1.316 2006/10/20 21:28:11 jmg Exp $"); is the
> version I have in my source tree right now. Since it is dated 20th of oct, I
> can assume it is unrelated to the problem because last week (oct 14th) build
> also showed the freeze.
This changes was done on Oct 9th, revision 1.315 and one problem should be
fixed in 1.316. Do 1.316 freeze your system too?

Yuriy.