Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 1995 09:08:21 PDT
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ksmfs in bsd/sunos kernels...

Linux has ksmfs (a Samba file system...)

Is this available on freebsd?

I like it, its fairly clever...

Anyone want to point me at something to look at (code preferred)
on how to register a file system in a device driver (I assume
it works almost the same was in SunOS and BSD?)

Linux has 2 calls {register/unregister}_filesystem() to add
filesystems at run time...

This seems preferable instead of forcing PCs to run  nfs...

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001