Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        FREEBSD-HACKERS <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, FREEBSD-SCSI <FreeBSD-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Announcement:  New DPT RAID Controller Driver Available

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> I have evaluated, tested and even participated in the design of more
> than one I/O subsystem in my short life.  The StorageWorks solution
> is the best I have ever seen.  not perfect, Just the BEST.

    I should add that NetApp also uses the DEC StorageWorks shelves
and canisters for their 2GB and 4GB configurations, and if it's good
enough for them, it's good enough for me.  ;-)   Mounting drives
inside the canisters is a little tricky at first, but you get the hang
of it pretty quickly.  The ones we have are plastic, so I imagine the
heat dissipation isn't the best.  Netapp went with a Eurologics
product (metal extruded cases) for their 9GB shelves.
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)