Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:01:58 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ben Kirkpatrick <ben@pdx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kldload and kldconfig on 5.2.1-RELEASE / Ultra5

Ben Kirkpatrick wrote this message on Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 08:03 -0800:
>    I'm having a problem with kldload always saying it can't find a .ko
> file.  I check kldconfig and it seems confused.
>
>    This is immediately after a reboot, there are no paths:
>
> ebola# kldconfig -r
> ;
> ebola# kldconfig /boot/kernel
> ebola# kldconfig -r
>
> ebola# kldconfig -m /boot/modules
> ebola# kldconfig -r
> ;
> ebola#
>
> Any ideas what to do to get a .ko loaded?  I'm on a custom kernel, did I
> remove something necessary for LKMs?

Hmmm. maybe this is your problem?
20040806:
        Module loading has been fixed.  Some older installations will
        drop proper module_path initialization and modules will fail to
        load properly.  If you have a line in /boot/loader.rc that says:
        "initialize drop", do (i386 only):
                cp /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/loader.rc /boot/loader.rc
                chown root:wheel /boot/loader.rc
                chmod 444 /boot/loader.rc

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579