Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:17:36 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Petri Helenius <pete@he.iki.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thread syscalls

Petri Helenius wrote:

> Are the thread syscalls expected to change again from 5.2 to 5.3 so
> statically linked binaries will break or are they expected to work alright?

There is a set of changes on teh way that are needed to allw gdb to
debug threads. This will necessitate some new entries in the thread
and upcall mailboxes. We may apply them relatively soon so hopefully
you will be able to use thatas a base after which itwill probably not change too
much.

> Is there a way to partially link binaries so libraries like libc and
> libkse would be dynamically linked but everything else would be
> contained with the executable?

I've seen it done.. I think you mention the .a libraries by name before the
shared libraries. But it has been a long time..