Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:53:37 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: upgrading ports with a lot of dependencies

Am 29.08.2012 02:37, schrieb Kevin Oberman:

> And, as I mention rather often, pkg-libchk from
> sysutils/bsdadminscripts can save you from rebuilding a LOT of ports.
> pkg_libchk -o | grep LIBNAME | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq > dep-ports
> (where LIBNAM is the sharable (.so) installed by the port in question)
> portmaster -D `cat dep-ports`

While that will work in the given scenario, I'd personally prefer just
pkg_libchk -q -o.

There may be a few notorious false positives (mostly packages bypassing
the regular ld.so stuff - Mozilla stuff -, or ports dynamically loading
facultative UI libraries, such as Opera that can use GTK and Qt, or
ports that need compat* stuff for bootstrapping, such as diablo-jdk on
newer computers).