Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 1995 13:26:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Duane Ellison <duane@gargamel.ptw.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org, docs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pppd and chat

Per a previous message I added the /dev/cua02 device to my system.  I am
still unable to get the pppd chat combination to work correclty on my
system.  I was really appreciate any help on this problem.

I have a SupraFAXModem 288 connected to /dev/cua02.  I have tried the
following:

#pppd /dev/cua02 57600 connect 'chat "ATDT9431198" "CONNECT"' and this
doesn't do anything to the modem.  I have read through the pppd and chat
man pages and it hasn't really helped.  I check in the new FAQ and it
does not include anything on pppd and chat.

Even some ideas on things to check would really be helpful.

Thanks.

Duane