Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2017 16:59:20 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make WITH_VMIMAGES=yes release fails with permission denied.

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 6:52 AM, Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I thought it was time to test the make release to create my own .qcow2
> and .raw files.
> I am on a FreeBSD 11.1p1 machine.
> But it does not work, it builds the ftp, bootonly and memstick images
> fine, but the vm part does not.
> I do the following.
>
> cd /usr/src/
> make -j4 buildworld && make -j4 buildkernel
> cd /usr/src/release
> make WITH_VMIMAGES=yes release

You may consider using release/release.sh.  Edit/create a config file from
release/release.conf.samples and calling the script with this config.
Config knobs like WITH_VMIAMGES are located -- and can be modified -- in
this config file. The script builds a clean environment in which the the
media is generated.

--
Take care
Rick Miller