Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 2020 23:23:41 +0200
From:      Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
To:        Gordon Bergling <gbe@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: review request: loader: implement framebuffer console

> On 4. Dec 2020, at 23:03, Gordon Bergling <gbe@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> Tested on a recent -CURRENT, no problems seen so far.
>=20
> Is there a special src.conf setting that is necessary for a
> complete build / test sequence.
>=20
> --Gordon

No, except that the last update did change default for bios loader to =
text and did add the knob to change that to gfx mode.

For test, the default mode should be readable and logo/brand images ok =
and the console after boot usable as well. The resolution switch (gop or =
vbe) should end up with usable screen as well, and when you enter menu, =
the boot menu should be ok.

gop get/vbe get will list current mode, show screen.font will tell font =
size.

Currently it is known the 8-bit depth may have issues in some systems =
(bios, UEFI only does have 32-bit depth).

thanks,
toomas

and there is the current state: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27420 =