Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:54:18 +0200
From:      "Radu Malica" <rmalica@gmx.at>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Freebsd on a 15.2 hdd

hello i tried to install FreeBSD on a ibm djna - 351250 15.2 gb harddisk
I made the freebsd partition on the first 1024 cylinders because i know some
bootloaders halt if installed on a partition above 1024. So the freebsd
bootloader 'sees' the DOS partition (fat32) which is the second partition
and is above 1024 cylinders but when i want to boot with F2 the windows
system i just hear a beep and it doesn't boot. I have to se the boot flag on
the windows partition and if i want to boot freebsd to set the boot flag
back to the bsd partition. Can you help me ?

Radu Malica