Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 17:48:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew Hird <andyh@compnews.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ethernet cards for FreeBsd

Hi there, I'm setting up a PC with FreeBSD on it to act as a router
between two networks of machines. All seems fine except we've got 3COM
Etherlink III (3C509B models) and in the LINT kernal it mentions that the
ep0 code for it is "buggy". What exactly does this mean? And how badly
would this affect the machine when its acting as a router (I suspect
quite badly!!).

Does this still apply in 2.1R (same comment in LINT).

Finally, what ethernet cards would people recommend for use with a
machine which is to act as a router - I guess a fast reliable card is
what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andy Hird

Andrew Hird, (IS Eng) andyh@padd.press.net, a programmer
        Voice: +44 1430 488247  Fax: +44 1430 432450
"You're a heart of dead tomato washed with moldy purple spots,
	Mr Grinch"