Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 1995 19:04:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@jsdinc.root.com>
To:        freefall.cdrom.com!owner-freebsd-current@implode.root.com (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, starkhome!gene@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Decrease in namei cache effectiveness?

> John's last commit to vfs_bio.c restored part of the old behaviour but
> not all. Even with 20 MB RAM I keep on seeing the disk going berseck
> during stats. Less often than before but its still there.

Part of what I am doing tonite is integrating/testing Bruce's vnode
change, and making an equivalent change to the object management.  Hope
that these changes will help.  Also, I might change the threshold for
the amount of meta-data storage allowed in vfs_bio.  I'm working on it!!!

John
dyson@root.com