Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 1995 16:58:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new pci setup on EISA box :-) (fwd)

> From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
> > Pure EISA with above 16mb DMA bug
> I think you will have to build a new kernel to work around the problem
> (by forcing the use of bounce buffers).

I've been using bounce buffers on this box since around December when the
box became a FreeBSD box.  It tripped me up then and the list was very
helpful about telling me where the problem was.

The box serves as a testbed for our Internet services in the -current
environment.  I test the web servers, the uucp servers, inn, ect on -current
because someday -current will be -stable.....or maybe -performance? :-)

It has been doing ok up until recently.  The sig 11 thing is outstanding
and now the pci probe seems to have a glitch.

I am not complaining or demanding an instant fix or anything.  Just trying
to be in a helpful FYI mode here.  Some of my hardware does suck, but that
is why it is the test box :-)

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
Internet Manager