Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:36:05 UT
From:      Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   unaligned access

--_----------=_982164965179410

Hi,

I am trying to port mpd-netgraph to alpha, but i'm getting a lot of uac's. I am trying to use gdb, but I am not used to gdb. When I try to lookup the address it tells me it is outside the map.

Is it possible to make it core dump instead of this warning? It would be nice if you can say: run this command and core dump on uac.

Are tools available to determine in which function the uac takes place? I can make something myself with perl and nm, but if there is already something out there?

Which compiler options bring this up at compile time?

Peter