Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:34:46 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        "Mr. Jeetendra Chandragiri." <jeetndra@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://multiverse.com/~rhh/fxtv/

Mr. Jeetendra Chandragiri.:
 |Neat page. Nice to see tv tuner cards being supported under FBSD/Linux.
 |I'm a RedHat 5.0 Linux user and would like to know if there is any chance
 |of support for the older bt819 chip. I have the ati-tv tuner card which
 |has this chip. My biggest worry of having an old card that no one will
 |want to support now seems to be coming true so I was curious to know if
 |there are any plans to add support for this class of chips -- bt819a bt819b.

Hmmm.  I really don't know.  I'm really the wrong person to answer that
question.  Don't know anything about the bt819 myself.  Maybe an someone on
the list has a clue.

If you're a developer, feel free to grab the specs from
Brooktree's/Rockwell's site and see how similar/different they are.

Randall