Date:      Wed, 30 May 2012 15:14:37 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] New framework options aka optionng

--IR1Y5IvQhrKgS4e6

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 01:33:56PM +0300, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> Folks, when moving forward with optionsng, do we want to convert
> NOPORTDOCS and NOPORTEXAMPLES to options everywhere? I fear that if we
> do, way too many ports which otherwise have no options will start asking
> if I want the docs -- which I don't really care either way (unless that
> brings in new dependencies).
>=20
> Maybe it would be best if ports which otherwise don't have options, and
> for which building docs don't require new dependencies would not put
> DOCS and EXAMPLES into options? What do you think?

You can still switch to optionsng, if you don't define DOCS in OPTIONS_DEFI=
NE
but just use the if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MDOCS} you are using optionsng but won't=
 have
the dialog showing up

Just make sure to .include <bsd.ports.options.mk> in any case.

this is a unvolunteer side effect but this works.

if you don't want the dialog just add NO_DIALOG to your make.conf like I do=
 but
that is another problem.

anyway yes NOPORTDOCS and NOPORTEXAMPLES should disappear in long term goal
because they are inconsistent, but what they do should be respected in beca=
use
they are useful, and for compatibility DOCS and EXAMPLES are enabled by def=
ault.

regards,
Bapt

--IR1Y5IvQhrKgS4e6