Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:36:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Luckie <mjl@SDSC.EDU>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: syscall kernel modules on 3.0-release

Thanks for this.

For what its worth:
I have made the kernel module work with 3.0-release using the LKM
interface instead, calling the MOD_SYSCALL wrapper (or whatever its
called, can't remember).  the examples of writing and calling an lkm
syscall probably reflect the lkm interface itself.
I was cursing the ioctl calls i was making to /dev/lkm to search the
loaded modules for the one I loaded just to get the offset.  does modfind
work for LKM's in 3.0-release?

I completely understand your plea to not use 3.0 release.
I am personally using 4.2-stable.  Its not my decision to use 3.0
I beleive the computers running 3.0 have been running it for several years
now - i.e. it was the latest available at the time.