Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:59:30 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Steve Hovey" <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPP Stuff

I think I might have got at least some of this stuff figured out here,
but still can't work out what to do with alias entry in ppp.conf

It looks that I'll need to dial manually since there's little chance of
understanding chat files sufficiently in the immediate future to let me
use autodial or ddial or whatever, so it seems I need to have some
entry in ppp.conf to turn the alias thing on. The Pedantic PPP Primer
just says 'look at MAN PPP" which doesn't tell me anything useful,
so I guess its back to bugging the list again

Next issue, according to some lines in ppp.conf, I also need to edit lines

"alias port 10.0.0.2:ftp ftp" &
"alias port 10.0.0.2:http http"

How does one find what to put in there ??