Date:      03 Feb 98 12:19:59 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   change in init/reboot

I have changed init and reboot so instead of having two pieces of almost
identical code to stop the machine, reboot sends signals to init to bring the
machine down.

This ensures /etc/rc.shutdown gets executed when reboot closes the machine, as
this only gets executed by init.

I suggest this change is merged into the distribution.

Or else, why is it made this way?

Btw, as this is my first contribution here: perhaps I should introduce myself:
38 year, first computer: zx81, made bios
for cp/m+ machine, embedded controllers (z80), unix-sysadm 8 years SVR3.
homepage: http://www.image.dk/~leifn

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk
---