Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 21:17:33 +0100 (GMT+0100)
From:      Nickolay Yanovich <nick@columbia.dia.unisa.it>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Questions about FreeBSD upgrade

	Hello!

	I would ask some questions about FreeBSD 2.0R.

	I have installed FreeBSD 2.0-RELEASE which works good. In README
file of FreeBSD 2.0-950112-SNAP I found interesting new features and
information about the fixed bugs. In this connection some questions:

	1. Is it possible to upgrade my current version of FreeBSD or I must
to make new installation for SNAP version?
	2. Can I change for example only kernel of the system?
	3. What will happen with my already installed packeges and
applications in this case?
	4. Also I have installed gcc-2.6.3. Must I reinstall after changing
from 2.0-RELEASE to 2.0-SNAP version?
	5. How I can configure IDE CD-ROM on my machine?

	I will very thankfull for informaion.

	With respect,

Nickolay Yanovich

|  Universita degli studi di Salerno,  |  E-mail:                            |
|  Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'In- |    nick@columbia.dia.unisa.it       |
|  formazione e Matematica Applicata   |    yanovy@udsab.dia.unisa.it        |
|         Tel.: +39 +89 974237         |    yanovich@burka.carrier.kiev.ua   |