Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2012 15:32:11 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTPS Server?

--------------enig0E71ADD62C3112DAFCE27DC9

On 05/01/2012 14:09, Karl Denninger wrote:
> So if I want to do anything other than transfer to a Windows machine
> (barf!) I am stuck with either FTP (no encryption at all and subject to=

> be picked off via trivial means while the data is in flight) or FTPS
> (which has its own set of issues.)

Does your card support uploading by HTTP(S) POST?  You'll need to cook
up a small webapp to process the input, but that shouldn't be any big
deal if you can snoop on the card doing that and extract parameter values=
=2E

Or, more obscurely, does that card support HTTP PUT?  Not very many
people realise that uploading data is supported in HTTP, and
consequently it is quite rarely used.  For apache, you need to use a
<LIMIT> statement to enable the PUT command, and obviously, you'll need
some sort of access control eg. HTTP Basic Auth so users have to provide
passwords.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20