Date:      Mon, 3 May 2004 10:25:55 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@fbsdsolutions.com>
To:        "'Malcolm Kay'" <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>, "'Derrick'" <freebsd@fbsdsolutions.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: OpenOffice run problem

> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> >
> > which leads me to believe I am missing a dependant install.=20
>  I looked=20
> > at the dependancies and I thought I saw them all listed under=20
> > pkg_info, so I would like to verify what produces the above=20
> so.4 file.
> >
>=20
> This is the base threads C library replacing libc in pthread=20
> applications. From man page pthread(3): INSTALLATION
>      The current FreeBSD POSIX thread implementation is built=20
> in the library
>      libc_r which contains both thread-safe libc functions=20
> and the thread
>      functions.  This library replaces libc for threaded applications.
>=20
>      By default, libc_r is built as part of a 'make world'. =20
> To disable the
>      build of libc_r you must supply the '-DNOLIBC_R' option=20
> to make(1).
>=20

When I did a buildworld, I didn't have a /etc/make.conf file, so unless =
that
is the default option, I should have gotten libc_r, right?  Right now =
the
machine is booted to windows and in another city so I can't check
/etc/defaults/make.conf to see the contents, so I will have to check =
later
to see what it is set for.  Thanks for the lead atleast.