Date:      Mon, 16 May 2005 11:46:35 -0700
From:      Jim Pazarena <fquest@ccstores.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routed daemon

Can the routed daemon co-exist with a CISCO router which, by default,
also responds to routing requests?

The reason I ask, is that I accidentally installed routed, and it
was running, and my whole network came to a grinding halt, until
I de-activated routed. I had not set up *any* configuration file
or anything other than installing the port (by accident).

So did this halt my system because I had no configuration file, or
because routed cannot co-exist with (in this case) my telco provided
CISCO gateway router?

TIA

Jim