Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:24:57 +0100
From:      Arrigo Marchiori <ardovm@yahoo.it>
To:        spara <spara@online.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Page fault panic in scioctl and console-kit-daemon

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 12:15:15PM +0100, spara wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm experiencing the same
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-stable@freebsd.org/msg101997.html)
> after updating to last hald in 6.4-STABLE.
> Anyone tried to fix it with the Kostik Belousov patch as in
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-January/082581.html
> ?

You mean the patch attached to this message:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-February/083586.html
? If so, I didn't try because the message says "committed to all
branches". But I can try, if it's necessary...

> Any other fix ?

It seems to me that no package has been depending on consolekit, since
a couple of days. At least, portupgrade is not showing any more "stale
dependencies" when I try to "portupgrade -aR" without having
consolekit installed. So I'm living happily without it. :-)
--
rigo

http://rigo.altervista.org