Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:42:25 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jeff Molofee <nehe@telus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crashing

--=-cQFVpVrbd7CrcAVS+Nhx

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 20:31 -0600, Jeff Molofee wrote:
> Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, I did search the lists,=20
> but was not able to find a solution to my problem.
>=20
> Nvidia Card w/ Nvidia Driver
> Gnome 2.22 (fresh install)
> FreeBSD NeHe.xxx 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52=20
> UTC 2008     root@logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i38=
6
>=20
> Generic Kernel, no changes or additional software, other than Gnome and=20
> dependencies.
>=20
> I am not positive, but it seems that every time I enable compositing=20
> (either through gnome or using compiz), pressing ALT-F2, or trying to=20
> add an application to the panel results in gnome-panel crashing a=20
> horrible death (then restarting).
>=20
> I do not see any error messages in my logs, and I am not 100% certain=20
> compositing is the problem.  Right now I have compositing off, and=20
> everything seems to be fine.

You will need to follow the instructions at
http://www.freebsd.org//gnome/docs/bugging.html to make a proper report.
Pay particular attention to building apps with debugging symbols and
getting back traces.

I just tested this a few times on my RELENG_7 system with an nVidia
card, and I get no crashes adding an applet or using Alt+F2.

Joe

--=20

--=-cQFVpVrbd7CrcAVS+Nhx

--=-cQFVpVrbd7CrcAVS+Nhx--