Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 1995 15:42:24 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Herve.Bigot@sycomore.fr (Bigot Herv )
Cc:        freebsd-current-digest@FreeBSD.ORG

Please don't send messages like this to *every* mailing list.  You
only tempt people to ignore you completely, as I myself almost did
(but you caught me in a generous mood this time).

You've probably screwed up your kernel config file - are you sure you
haven't removed something from GENERIC that should really stay, like
your npx device or something?  Have you looked around to see where
hw_float is defined in the sources?  If you're going to compile your
own kernels then *some* skill is definitely expected and you should
start with a GENERIC kernel and then slowly change it until you figure
out where you've introduced the problem.

Finally, I have no idea whether or not the Infomagic CD even *works*.
It's not my CD, I had nothing to do with it, most of us have never
even seen one!  It's also really old, as we've released 2 CDs since
2.0!

						Jordan