Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 07:54:24 +1000
From:      "Richard Uren" <richard@thehub.com.au>
To:        "'Ward R Goodwin'" <admin2@empireone.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Help - Fasttrak eide raid host adapter and FreeBSD

Ward,

I purchased one last week - A FastTrak66
(which is perhaps not the 'FastTrack' you mentioned.

Its detects as a 'PCI - Mass Storage Controller'
(in the Bios startup) and unless there is some
'emulate an IDE drive' mode that I missed it
won't work.

Its a cool idea tho.

This might be better http://www.icp.net.au/raid1/default.htm
   (I should have one of these today).

Ive also tried http://www.accordance.com.tw/araid-(1).html
bu Im getting odd disk errors and strange panics when the
system is idling along (but make world works fine .... -
Ive just received a list of preferred drives from these guys
and i'll be testing this today/tomorrow as well).

Cheers
Richard