Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:11:49 +0200
From:      Erwan Arzur <erwan@amelie.frmug.org>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where is racoon ?

Hello,

Did somebody manage to get any kind of IKE daemon running on FreeBSD
(both -current and 4.0-STABLE are the targets) ?

After finding out that racoon was not included in our KAME stack, i've
been digging various KAME dists and i could not find any way to
compile it, mostly because of changes in the pf_key* syscalls between
current's kernel and the KAME snaps ...

I'm currently digging OpenBSD's isakmpd, but i'm a little pessimistic,
because i'm not really a kernel hacker, and this relies heavily on
kernel's SADB ...

I found a recent (03/22) message from Yoshinobu Inoue saying that he would
make a port from it, but i could not find it, even on the "ported
applications" page on www.freebsd.org ...

thanks for any help !
--
UNIX *IS* user friendly.  It's just selective about who its friends are.
                                                               --unknown