Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 15:37:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gcc question

> 	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Then you must create a stub function, eg:
>
> What I meant was isn't there an __whatever__ function attruibute that does
> this.

You mean "acts as if there were a prototype in scope for -traditional
compilations"?  No.  It is not an attribute in the object file; it's a
question of how arguments are pushed an popped with a prototype in scope
and not in scope.

Since ANSI does not *require* prototypes be used... why can't you
dispense with -traditional?  What behaviour are you depending on?

You aren't going to change the way the stack is framed by caller vs. the
way it is framed by callee without a stub function (or compiling the
caller and callee in the same context).

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org