Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:00:45 +0100
From:      "'Nils Holland'" <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Lawrence Farr <freebsd-net@epcdirect.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5-PRERELEASE: VIA chases again...

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 03:02:04PM -0000, Lawrence Farr stood up and spoke:
> No, that's just where I am now. I've done a newfs on the ATA drive once
> already.

Oh, so you're still in the process of testing it? So am I, and currently,
it doesn't look to promising. I already blew the whole thing up once this
afternoon when I backed up my data and newfsed the drive. Now it crashed
during my restore operation, and I'm really curious if I'll be able to get
my data back on the disk without it crashing.

When it crashed during my first restore operation, I had softupdates
enabled on the target filesystem. This time I have softupdates turned off
(at least for now) and it looks as if it could succeed...

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany