Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:04:29 -0400
From:      "Salvatore Riccio" <svrmsn@email.msn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "David Wolfskill" <dhw@whistle.com>
Subject:   Automount Fails with Permission denied

I enabled the amd daemon in my rc.conf file. I entered the directory that I
wanted to mount (/home) with the associated nis map (amd.home). I verified
that the amd daemon was running with "ps" which yielded:

amd -p -a /net -c 1800 -k i386 -d [my-domain] -l syslog /home amd.home

I also verified that I can access the map by issuing the command,

ypcat -k amd.home

I then logged in as root and issued a mount command which yielded

amd:[PID] on /home

I then tried to change directory to /home/[user] which gave me a permission
denied. An ls -alF also yields permission denied. I then tried to cd from
the
mount point down to the key which still yielded permission denied

cd /net
cd [MachineName]
cd home
cd svr
svr: Permission denied.

I then used amq -sm which indicated that everything had mounted
successfully.
As an aside, if I mount manually every works fine.

Does any one have any suggestions ?