Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 19:53:03 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sola510 ups - problems compiling

I mailed the support mob at support@bestpower.com and someone mailed back
to me saying that they now have bsdi support and I should download it from
www.bestpower.com

I did this and have had a bit of a play but so far no luck. Would com1 be
/dev/ttyd0 ? If so either my com port is faulty or bsdi support is not the
same as FreeBSD support. They provide the source code on their "free
software" download thingo so I guess they can't be too worried about
people looking at it so if anyone is interested I'll send it as well.

Is there an easy way to test my com port? The only way I know is to
install XFree86 and see if the mouse works.

any clues would help
thanks again
Andrew Perry
perrya@shoal.net.au