Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:43:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Yuri Lukin" <freebsd@swaggi.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD shutting down unexpectedly

--bound1142469789

>soralx@cydem.org wrote ..
> This is a problem indeed.
> In any case, this is getting off-topic now. Hopefully, this discussion
> succeeded in pointion out the quality problem that exists with current
> consumer-grade hardware, and suggested some ways to solve it (whether
> globally -- by 'boycotting' bad manufacturers, or locally -- by
> modifying already purchased hardware).

Just to give everyone an update on my situation:

It turned out I had a bad fan on the CPU, apparently the motor seized. I
ordered a replacement and finally installed it earlier today. Everything
appears to be running fine even the CPU utilization goes up. I also
installed ports/sysutils/mbmon to monitor the voltage and fan RPMs. I
must say, this is a very handy tool.

Thanks to all for the help!

-Yuri

--bound1142469789--