Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:38:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jobaldwi@vt.edu
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/12674: textproc/docproj port has an invalid dependency

>Number:         12674
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       textproc/docproj port has an invalid dependency
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The textproc/docproj has a problem with its RUN_DEPENDS:

It depends on the textproc/sp port via sgmlnorm.  It also depends on
the textproc/jade port via jade (both are executables).  However, jade
includes its own sgmlnorm binary, which then overwrites the one
belonging to the sp port.  Now, suppose the sp port is upgraded, to
automate the upgrade, I would pkg_delete docproj and sp and then remake
docproj.  However, since jade already has an sgmlnorm installed, making
the docproj port fails to install sp.  However, the documentation (such
as the Handbook, etc.) seems to build fine without the sp port installed
so the proper fix may be to just take it out if it is no longer
necessary.
>How-To-Repeat:
I think I covered that above. :)
>Fix:
According to textproc/jade/pkg/DESCR:

Note: This port is a superset of the sp port.  If you have sp
installed, it is recommended that you remove it before installing
jade.

So, perhaps the proper fix is to take sp out of the dependecies list?