Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:30:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.2 panic when dd-ing to floppy

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> Today I got disappointed for the first time, after having used FreeBSD
> since almost two years now. I was making disks for the upgrade:
> dd if=kern.flp of=/dev/fd0
> I had forgot to open the write protection on the floppy, and 3.2-RELEASE
> whent totally mad trying to push the floppy drive out of the computer,
> and then panic'ing
>
> Should it be like this? ;-)

	This has come up before. The answer has always been, "No, it
shouldn't panic" followed by long and glorious debate on what it should or
shouldn't do and why, followed by no actual changes being made.

	My suggestions is to try this again after your upgrade, and if it
is still panic'ing to send a PR.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"My mama told me, my mama said, 'don't cry.' She said, 'you're too young a man
to have as many women you got.' I looked at my mother dear and didn't even

    - John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, "I Don't Know"