Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 2020 12:38:15 +0530
From:      Dhananjay V <workmail.dhananjayv@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to run FreeBSD 12.1 on Skylake Processor (QEMU)

I have been trying to run FreeBSD 12.1 on a Skylake processor using QEMU,
but when I try to boot the OS, it shows a kernel panic, along with the
message *' Unregistered use of FPU in kernel'. *The command I used to start
the VM is :

qemu-system-x86_64 -cpu Skylake-Client -hda
> FreeBSD-12.1-RELEASE-amd64.qcow2 -m 8192  -smp 1  -net
> user,hostfwd=3Dtcp::10022-:22 -net nic --monitor stdio

*The same disk image works perfectly if I do not include the -cpu
Skylake-Client in the command.* This issue also occurs if I try to install
FreeBSD while including the -cpu flag during initialization of the VM.

What's the solution to this problem?

=E1=90=A7