Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:24:49 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, auryn@zirakzigil.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with link aggregation + sshd

--------------enigF43D9C6B09CD2D4AB4838903

 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer am 29.08.2012 12:18 (localtime):
>  schrieb Pete French am 29.08.2012 11:38 (localtime):
>>> Link aggregation can never work with two separate switches! LACP and
>>> static trunking require both sides to bundle the same trunk. which is=

>>> impossible for two separate switches.
>> These switches had a port where you could connect them together and
>> then configure each to know about the other switch, and to do LACP
>> across the pair of them. Or at least thats what it looked like it
>> was capable of doing, and it appeared to be doing LACP when configured=

>> that way and connected to Windows machines, just not FreeBSD ones. But=
 I'm

Have you checked that Windows really did LACP in your case? Sounds like
it was no real hardware stack, so probably Windos just activated RSTP.
FreeBSD doesn't detect any LACP/RSTP configuration features, but windows
does with some NIC verndor's drivers.

-Harry

P.S.: Sorry for that additional answer, just forgot it in my last email.