Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2020 18:03:12 -0400
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maildir on ZFS

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

I sent this to BSD Now a month ago and haven't heard anything back, but I
bet there are opinions to be had in here! Thanks in advance.

I'm migrating a mail server to a FreeBSD jail, and I've seen conflicting
notes about how best to tune ZFS for holding accounts with Maildirs. My
current thinking is that I don't want to change recordsize as it's an upper
limit, not a minimum, but that I might want to set primarycache=3Dmetadata =
so
I'm caching information about Maildir contents, but not the Maildir
contents themselves. But are these valid thoughts, and what else is there
to think about? The problem is that I don't know what I don't know, and I'm
not sure about what I do know, so I'd love some advise about how best to
tune a dataset for Maildirs.

Thanks!

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss  ((   If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
 mason@blisses.org   ))   giants were standing on my shoulders. - Hal Abels=
on

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8--