Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 1995 16:11:08 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cloning systems

Perhaps if you could clarify just what it is you want to do when
you say "clone" here?

It's certainly been my idea for awhile to make the install
"templatable" where if you take the standard boot floppy and write a
special file onto it, the install would automatically see it and
inherit those values automatically. rather than asking the user.  Then
you could set up a machine as a "generation station" for such configs
and hand students in some educational cluster a boot floppy which they
take home (or into a special lab) and install their machine for the semester.

But I also suspect that this isn't what you mean when you say "clone"
and would appreciate more detail.  I'm always up for new ideas in the
installation!

				Jordan