Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:14:21 +0900 (JST)
From:      Nakata Maho <chat95@mac.com>
To:        sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice requires libc_r?

In Message-ID: <20040330003717.GA19883@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:33:24AM +0900, Nakata Maho wrote:
> > In Message-ID: <20040328175306.GA12134@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
> > Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Will OpenOffice ever compile without libc_r present on a system?
> > > So far, lang/gcc32 and OOo's version mozilla seem to require
> > > libc_r.  Yes, I know about /etc/libmap.conf and the possibility of
> > > mapping libc_r to libpthread, but if you have no libc_r you
> > > can't build OOo.

> I think the problem starts with lang/gcc32.  In gcc/collect2.c
> one finds libc_r is hardcoded.  I'm not sure if I can just

wired. should be fixed.

> change those references to libpthread.  I'll play around somemore,
> but right now it does not look good for OOo and libpthread.

Hm, situation seems to be complicated. gcc-3.3 came with FreeBSD 5.2.1
doesn't produce runnable OOo 1.1.1 since signal handler is
somewhat odd. yes, really odd. while gcc 3.3 compiles OOo *1.1.0* happly.

if your 5-current's gcc is newer than mine,

% gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3.3 [FreeBSD] 20031106

please try systems's compiler instead.

thanks,